Monya is a chef and culinary consultant originally from Cape Town, South Africa. Since moving to the UK in 2012, she has worked for both Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck Group and Le Cordon Bleu.
Monya is a passionate ambassador of the ketogenic lifestyle and has used her skills and imagination in the kitchen to create Keto Kitchen (2020) & Lazy Keto Kitchen (2021).
Monya lives in Berkshire with her husband Mark and their two dogs, Mr Higgins and Maggie Mae – and is currently working on her third book Budget Keto Kitchen (coming 2022).
I had never met Monya – Monnie to her friends – and so this was a wonderful podcast for me. I got to know a little bit about Monnie (I hope I’m now OK to say that!) and in a fabulous 30 minutes, we covered:
– How she got into culinary work
- How and why she moved from South Africa to England
- How she got a job with the famous and aspirational Fat Duck Group
- How she comes up with recipes
- The process of going from recipe creation to book photograph
- Her food heaven and hell!
- Where keto fits in with all of this
- Why the next book is keto on a budget
And she’s got some great stories to share!
You can find more about Monnie at:
BLOG: www.fatsoflife.co.uk (this has some terrific keto recipes and more coming out each week)
Please login or sign up to view the video of this podcast