Nina Teicholz chats about the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
Nina Teicholz is a professor (adjunct) at NYU’s Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, the Executive Director of The Nutrition Coalition (a group devoted to evidence-based nutrition policy), an investigative science journalist and author. Her international bestseller, The Big Fat Surprise has upended the conventional wisdom on dietary fat – especially saturated fat – and challenged the very core of our nutrition policy.
More importantly to me – Nina is a great friend and a wonderful trail blazer in our real food world. She is a passionate advocate for nutrient-dense food and is working so hard to protect our rights to be able to consume it.
In this 30-minute conversation Nina explains the following:
- What are the Dietary Guidelines for Americans?
- Why are they so important? What impact do they have?
- What has the Nutrition Coalition been trying to do while the guidelines were being drawn up?
- What and when was the promising saturated fat intervention?
- What successes have been achieved?
- Were there any surprises when the most recent DGAs were published?
- What next for the Nutrition Coalition?
You can find more about Nina at https://ninateicholz.com/about/ and more about the Nutrition Coalition here https://www.nutritioncoalition.us/ Please consider a donation to support their important work – thank you.
Please login or sign up to view the video of this podcast